27.11.11

More DIY statement necklaces!



You might have noticed already that S and I like our statement neck-bling - especially when we have a stab at making them ourselves (see here, here and here).  Here are some photos of my latest batch of necklaces, which I made last Sunday, whilst sleepy Simon was having an afternoon nap. 



CLEAR ROCK CRYSTAL & GOLD CHAIN NECKLACE

The first of the lot was inspired by a necklace I had seen on Gossip Girl a while back, by Stephen Dweck (see it here).  Forget Serena or Blair's style - my favourite person to get jewellery inspiration from on the show is Lily.  I sometimes re-watch episodes purely to get some necklace inspiration.

Obviously I didn't buy enough clear rock crystals (my maths failed me somewhere in the conversion from mm to inches), so I improvised with some gold jump-rings to make the strand a little nicer.






A bit fiddly to put together - the crystal beads are heavy so the nylon kept slipping out of my hands!  I resorted to using some artery forceps to keep them at bay (and to also practise my surgeon knotting skills haha).



How do you like it?  I reckon it looks pretty cool when the light catches the clear beads and they glow.  (Just like this)



FROSTED GREEN AGATE STRAND NECKLACE

The second necklace is made out of a strand of frosted green agate beads, which I just re-strung and attached a clasp to.  Continue scrolling down for some blatant cam-whoring.



*derp*
(we don't take ourselves too seriously on this blog...)

GOLD & GREEN AVENTURINE GRADUATED BEAD NECKLACE

The third one I made out of aventurine beads and gold jump-rings as spacers.  It took me longer to sort the beads into size than to string up the lot!



Unfortunately the beads don't sit as nicely as they do in the photos - I'll probably have to take them off and re-string them again once I work out how to keep them from sticking up haphazardly.




Then I had time so I made this too.















(Just kidding, I bought it at the Sass & Bide sale I was slaving away at last week.  Who knew that hanging up clothes for 11 hours was so tiring.)  
$220 down to $30?  Don't mind if I do.


See the top two styled in action here
xx T


P.S. Just out of interest, would anyone consider every buying my necklaces?

SHARE THIS POST

19 comments:

  1. Such prettiness!!! I'm seriously bookmarking all of your DIY posts for when....I can be bothered haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that Sass & Bide top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so pretty! I'm definitely adding these to my to do list. Using the jump rings as space fillers was pretty ingenious.

    Being a crafty person, I don't buy things that I know I can make, but I think that other people would buy them. They look very well made!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW I loooooove the first two! You should sell them, they're gorgeous.

    Also you look super pretty! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the gold rings together, are they heavy? Can't wait to try these out, only if it turns out as pretty as yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your first necklace!!! Great idea.

    www.absurdlypeculiar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. really cute necklace!

    http://munchmecat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would definitely buy your necklaces, and your bracelets, and your glitter heeled boots ;)

    Love the clear rock crystal necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing pics. love the jewels and the top

    www.herpersona.blogspot.com
    www.herpersona.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely pieces! you are so talented it's really inspiring me!

    Ash :o)
    ftashion

    ReplyDelete
  11. all the necklaces are beautiful...but my favorite is the lest one <3<3 really gorgeous!

    www.mewmew.angelica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes! I was just thinking that as I read. Set up shop! You already have a fan. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The third necklace is so beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving the jade green necklace! Really nice DIY job ;)


    xx THE CHEAP

    ReplyDelete
  15. love this post!

    ciao from italy!
    http://guendastoptoptips.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. i LOVE these necklaces!!!!!! Especially the first one. This is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. mint and the first one are beautiful really!

    http://acupofmary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. i really love this. I will definitly be trying the green and gold

    ReplyDelete

We take time to read each and every comment - thanks for visiting Le.Fanciulle!

Le.Fanciulle. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.